I wanted to trace the wires to see what they were connected to, but unfortunately they were only connected to each other and nothing else, any ideas? Unless you are very lucky indeed and find a complete kit for a bargain price, it will cost a huge amount in time and money if you are going to do it right and get the thing to actually work! It is possible to move the steering wheel away from you a little as was done on some of the works and Sprinzel rally cars but it is already pretty close to the dash and you soon run out of knuckle room. The bodies on the new ones were bigger than the old ones, took a fair few clouts with the hide mallet to get them to slot in! Even so it took second place in the TD class. Yes, it has been a while, but finally prompted to action by a warm April. Hi, I am looking at a 63 mk 1 tommorrow, 2nd May.
LUCAS IGNITION BARREL & KEYS ; MIDGET/SPRITE '62-'69
Today it sports a custom wooden dash, wooden steering wheel, wooden gear shift knob, wire wheels, front wing mirrors, windwings, luggage rack, tire cover, and a full tonneau cover. Put the head back on the engine, set all the tappet clearances only three out of the eight needed adjusting , fitted the water pump and made up new bypass hose. This meant that I could now move into the engine bay for the first time and start removing all components that require an electrical wire. This website contains information useful to those parties that desire to preserve and maintain the originality of MGTD motorcars. One of the few problems with cans is the drips and runs, these needed rubbing down and then the car was sprayed all over again with a further four cans, followed by three large cans of lacquer. Similarly, seam welding along the back of the horizontal bulkhead joint reinforces the spot welds and helps prevent the moisture getting in. Fitted the check straps to the rear axle.
MG Midget - Wikipedia
During the removal of the heater blower I noticed that there was some corrosion around the base of the brass valve that feeds the heating matrix. The manifolds and pulleys are the most difficult part. Starting to think about the drive train, tempted to go for a new engine and 5 speed box! About the time I had the chassis restored and the painting done, I discovered, quite by accident, that there were a number of individuals in my area doing exactly the same thing. Monday, 19 November Wiring Expeditions. The aluminium head I'm using takes 12mm motorcycle type plugs. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy, no responsibility is accepted for inaccurate information, but we would welcome any input if an anerror is noted.
These tend to rot or crack at the rear corner where they join the very tip of the sill. Just a quick update on work completed tonight. To meet US federal regulations, large black plastic bumpers were added to the front and rear and the ride heights were increased. Tuesday, 27 November Progress Update. Bought a halogen light conversion set, along with some relays do not want to frazzle my new loom!